Friday, August 8, 2014

What is God to Us Who Believe?

Comforter-
"...the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,"
 2 Corinthians 1:3b
Counselor-
"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6
Creator-
"and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."
Colossians 3:10
Defender-
"Awake, and rise to my defense!" 
Psalm 35:23a
Deliverer-
"You are my help and my deliverer;"
Psalm 40:17b
Fortress-
"The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."
Psalm 46:7 (also verse 11)
Guide-
"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me."
Psalm 31:3
Healer-
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5
Helper-
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1
Leader- 
See Psalm 31:3
Lover-
"I am my lover's and my lover is mine;"
Song of Solomon (Songs) 6:3a
Peace-
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7
Redeemer-
"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
Luke 21:28
Refuge-
"Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge."
Psalm 31:4
Rescuer-
"The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever."
Psalm 28: 8 & 9 ( also see Luke 15: 1-7 Parable of the Lost Sheep)
Rock- 
See Psalm 31:3
Savior-
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ The Lord."
Luke 2:11 ( also see Luke 15:11-32 The Prodigal Son)
Shepherd-
"The Lord is my shepherd,"
Psalm 23:1a
Shield-
"The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped."
Psalm 23:7a
Strength-
See Psalm 23:7

All scripture is from the New International Version of the bible.

Well my friends, be at peace and be blessed,
Shifra




No comments:

Post a Comment