Friday, March 18, 2022

Life is Good

Life is good. With everything going on in this world you wonder how I can even state that thought. I can say that because I know who my redeemer is and He reigns supreme. It doesn’t matter how bleak things may look because God already knew what was going to happen. All I have to do is pray and trust Him to take care of the rest.

I’m not saying it is always easy because it is not, especially when a loved one is involved or a health issue. Right now my lower back is out, but I choose not to dwell on it and to remember who my redeemer is. 

How often have you worried about something and it amounted to nothing? What about a situation where you know there is just nothing you can do about it? Is dwelling on it going to solve anything? No, of course, not. Then give it over to God.

Only God can truly resolve situations that seemingly have no solutions. If these issues weren’t around then there would be no reason to call upon Our Redeemer. I for one am glad when these situations arise because it makes me acknowledge that I need to depend on Him. I cannot do everything on my own strength. I need My Redeemer.

“Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story-
those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,” (Psalm 107:2 NIV)

“But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law.
God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.” (Galatians 4:4-5 NLT)

“Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who by Myself spread out the earth,” (Isaiah 44:24 ESV)

Thank you Lord, that you redeemed me from sin and hell. Thank you that I can always depend on You to have my back. When I am weak then You are strong. You are a mighty fortress. You are my peace in the midst of a battle. You are My Redeemer!

[I wrote this for the Faithwriters challenge and many wished me well for my back. Thankfully it is better, but my intention for this piece was to focus in on God’s redemptive power. It is my hope that those who read this will receive just that point. Amen.]

No comments:

Post a Comment